SDM College of Business Management established its library in the year 1978. It started its function with a vision to serve the information needs of its users. The library has a collection of more than twenty five thousand books and subscribes various Journals and e-resources related to Management and other subjects. More than 6000+ e journals and 30,30,000+ e books can be accessed under The Project entitled “National Library and Information Services Infrastructure for Scholarly Content (N-LIST)” of INFLIBNET Centre, Ahmedabad.
Library Hours: Library is open on all working days from morning 8.30 am to 5.30 pm.
Library Automation: Our Library is fully automated as it runs on in-house software (EERPMS).
|Average No of Users per day||175|
RULES AND REGULATIONS• Entry to the Library is strictly on producing of Identity Card.
• The Library is open on all working days from 8.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
• Students are allowed to borrow five books at a time.
• Strict silence should be maintained in the Library.
• Student’s bags & personal belongings should be kept on property counter outside the library.
• Newspapers and magazines in the Magazine section should be properly placed after reading.
• Discussion, Murmuring & using mobile phones are strictly prohibited in the Library.
• The Librarian is authorized to withdraw the library facilities, if the rules are not adhered to.
Books Borrowers Procedure.• The students will have to apply for books before 12.15 p.m. on the day prescribed and the books will be issued at 4 p.m. The application will be treated as cancelled if the book is not taken before the close of the library on the prescribed days.
• A student is given 15 days time to the borrowed books after which a fine at the rate of Rs.2 per book per day will be collected.
• There is an option of getting the books renewed for a further period of 15 days. In such cases the student needs to reapply for the books and follow the borrowing procedure.
• No book will further be issued to any student unless he returns the previous one.
• Sub-lending of books is strictly prohibited.
• Any damage done to the books in the custody of the borrower will have to be paid for; if the book is lost the cost of the same must be paid by the borrower.
LIBRARY SERVICES• Circulation / Lending Service: All books are barcoded , issue and retun of books are electronically maintained with the help of EERPMS software. Each student is eligible to borrow 2 books and each staff 15 books at a time. additional 5 books are issued to top ten scorers in each semester as an encouragement for advanced learners..
• Reference: Library has huge reference collections like Encyclopedia, Dictionaries, Year Books, Biographies, Handbooks, General Studies, Competitive Study books etc. in reference section.
• Online catalogue: OPAC is an online public accessing catalogue. Through OPAC one can access availability of library books, journals and magazine by author, title, subject , publisher, accession number and Call no.
• Reprographic Services: Photocopy facility is provided for students and faculties with nominal charges.
• New Arrivals: The new arrival books are displayed in the new arrival rack.
• Open Access Facility: Library is practicing an open access facility with Dewey decimal classification with bar code system. Users can opt for any books of their choice.
• Learning Resource Center: The users of the library can make use of learning resource centre which has 17 computers for access to e-resources.